The originally mill was moved to Skamstrup in the year 1872 from a farm nearby the village, where it had been since 1854. The mill was used and operating until 1959. Thereafter it was left till decay until 1992, where local enthusiasts took initiative to save and restore the mill. Unfortunately the mill burned to the ground during the hurricane in early December 1999.
In the summer of 2000 The Mill Guild bought another mill from the nearby village of Gislinge, moved it to Skamstrup and made a full restoration.From the new mill, only the skeleton some drives, and some wheels retained and from the old Skamstrup mill, only the foundation and some ports was reused.
On June 14. 2003 the new and now standing mill was inaugurated. Since then various pieces of inventory has been renovated, such as must grinder, riddle, roll, grits breaker and bucket elevator.
The mill is producing flour from wheat and spelt, when wind is favorable.
The mill is located on a natural hill that gives a spectacular view of the surrounding area. It is a good place to enjoy the packed lunch.
Entrance fee is 20 DKK/person
Larger groups can on prior notice visit the mill out of opening times and guided tours with coffee and cake can be arranged as well.
For arrangements please contact
Gitte Husballe Phone +45 2344 8428 Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find us